Chat Results in Google Analytics
What type of information is being sent to Google Analytics?
We would like to explain to you how the results from chat conversations can be made visible in your Google Analytics environment.
Chat conversations are classified on 2 levels
- Buyer's Journey → Example: Used Car
- Result ---> Example: Test drive
After obtaining a result, the following information is sent to Google Analytics
- Event category = Chat result (fixed value)
- Event Action = <Buyers Journey>
- Event Label = <result>
With a chat conversation about a used car that results in a test drive, the following is sent to Google Analytics:
- Event category = Chat result
- Event Promotion = Used
- Event label = Test drive
At the end of this document, you will find an overview of all the different Buyers Journey’s and associated results.
Where can I find these results in my Google Analytics?
Below you will find a number of screenshots on how this information can be viewed in Google Analytics
Example Google Analytics Event category: Chat result
Example Google Analytics Event Actions: Buyer's Journey’s
Example Google Analytics Event label: Results
Create your own distribution based on segments
By adding segments you can make your own selections and group certain Buyers Journey's and results.
(For advanced users) More events
The previous events explained are all the standard events sent to Google Analytics Web1on1 support.
However, there is more advanced configuration described in our Developers documentation
- Events that can theoretically be tracked: https://developers.web1on1.chat/webwidget/events/#widget-events-1
- How to send those events to GA: https://developers.web1on1.chat/webwidget/analytics/#google-analytics-events